Feed Us!

Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Changing My Major!

Crazy I know, but before you all freak out I still want to be a Meteorologist I'm just going about it a different way. So this is what's going down; Physics and the Math courses were getting past my limits and I wasn't enjoying my field because of that so once this semester is over I am starting a new course of study in Communications. I will be focusing on journalism and other comm courses that will benefit me the most on my way to becoming a Broadcast Meteorologist (Weather Lady :P) I will also continue taking Meteorology courses to finish my Meteorology Minor which is like 3 classes (including the one I'm currently taking) away from being finished. With the Comm degree I will also be required to take a language so it will make my dream of taking more ASL possible because I have to! Mom and Dad, I know you're worried that this will set me back and that all of the other courses will be a waste but they wont; most of the classes overlap and those that don't directly will be used as electives to finish my Minor.

I will be a little behind since by now I'd be almost half way through my comm classes but I know I can get caught up. I'm seriously thinking about staying in Salt Lake over the summer so that I can get a more settled job that will be easier to transition from summer to fall without training or hassle of working so few hours and I'd like to take a class to continue my major or minor studies.
I'm also thinking about applying to be an orientation leader here at the U. :D It's kinda like what I do now but people don't stay with me, It'd almost be like being and EFY counselor. I'd work June and July with May and August off, I'd get a jump on leadership when it comes to applying for better jobs later and I've had so many people tell me to do it so I want to give it a try.

That's about all I have time for now, I have to go to class, but I thought I'd let you all know about the changes in my crazy life.

oh and my hair is getting so long! I can ringlet all of it now!

Loves to all!
Keyliegh Ann

3 comments:

Amy Elise Broadhead said...

Holy Moley!! Your hair is longer and blonder! Mine is black again! I might be staying in Logan over the summer too. I don't know.

Heather said...

Wow...that is a big change. It sound like you have thought it all out which is good. Keep up the good work. I love you. PS Love your hair

Alishia said...

you are such a doll! your hair is adorable! oh and good luck with your major!