Feed Us!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Steroids, Mountain Air and Gatorade

So lets see .... the other day I woke up and felt just fine. Ok well that's a lie. I felt horrible; I had two papers due that morning and it was going to be a stressful day. I finally finished the papers and the printing and was back in my room exhausted. I climbed up on my bed and fell asleep for almost three hours. When I woke up I had a sore throat and a little bit of a cough. No big deal tho; I'd get some cough drops from Liz till I could run to the store and all would be fine. haha! wrong again. That night I took some Nyquil and went to bed. "slept like HELL!" (peanut, JeffDunham.com super funny character) and woke up choking. I decided to go to the clinic and see what I had and if I could get some drugs for it. They didn't have any openings until Friday so I made an appointment and said I'd come back. Later that day I was getting leaps and bounds worse so my parents came up and took me to the Emergency Room. I got in there and they did a whole bunch of tests only to inform me that there was nothing they could do. I had a viral infection I just had to live with until it decided to stop pestering me. :(

I woke up Friday morning and I could barely breathe. I was planning on canceling the visit at the clinic but decided against it as I was struggling for air. I went to the appointment and the first thing the doctor asked me was if I was asthmatic. I'm not and he immediately started checking me. Realizing that what ever I had was viral he decided to give me a steroid shot to keep my airway from closing and this Epineph shot (some sort of caffeine shot that would speed up my heart and make me jittery but help me breathe). He also gave me these tiny HydrOXYzine pills to help open my air way. FUN!!!!

Because I was having a hard time breathing my parents took me home and well here I am. Steroids, clean mountain air, gatorade, soup.... But most importantly I can breathe! You never really notice how nice a deep breath of air is until you can't take one.

Loves
~Keyliegh Ann

No comments: