Feed Us!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Moved!....&...Write in My Journal....

So, I moved.... haha! To make a long story short I got fired and had to move out of the dorms to save money, it all happened pretty fast so I'm temporarily living with the Hansen Brothers :D they're awesome!
ANYways, "Write in My Journal"
Today I met Dee, I see him every Monday, Wednesday and Friday while waiting for the bus to get to school. He wears a jean hat the reminds me of Gilligan's Island and always carries a jean bag with his lunch. I've talked to him a couple of times but there is something in the first time you shake hands and exchange names that makes it official. Dee is a talented writer and artist and has a great love for his family, especially his two grandsons. We were talking today and we got on the topic of books and we talked about different books, how books used to be bound, how society has changed with technology and fallen away from books and well tons of other stuff on books (the bus didn't show up and the next bus was late so we had quite a while to talk). I also found out that we both have problems with our right kidney and have had them since 1990 (the year I was born and the year his failed). When the bus finally got there I asked Dee if he would write in my journal and he asked what to write, I told him to write whatever he wanted to and this is what he wrote:
To Kylie, my best poem;
your sight goes with me
in my mind
As leaves of incense
intertwined.
-
we are as one together
in the earth;
The guiding fingers
of many
made our birth.
-
I dream a simple pleasure,
you and I, alive.
From this all songs
Derive.

From the Mornsong Round
May 1982

It's backwards but I can't figure out how to fix it... when I do I'll change it haha!

3 comments:

Amy Elise Broadhead said...

What do you mean you got fired? Your on campus housing job or VS? You still working there? You coming home at all for Christmas? LOVE

Alishia said...

I really like your journal idea! That is way fun1 There are a lot of intersting people out there! I am sorry you lost your job though. I hope you are liking your new place?

Unknown said...

Your text is very nicely for readers. Your's 'La De Dah! De De Dum! HAHA!' was very fun for me. I'm writing here to help you (if you got Windows of course). The simplest way to fix the photo is: Start->Programs->Accessories->Paint
then Image->Flip/Rotate->Flip horizontal->OK
Should be okej.
see ya!