Feed Us!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dinner is Served!

I've found the perfect way to procrastinate homework! COOKING!!!! Yay!

Again I turned to my new friend Super Cook and today's result is Double-Baked Broccoli Cheese Potatoes :D

So simple I didn't really measure anything
you need:
  • potatoes
  • milk
  • cheese
  • garlic salt (optional) **Garlic salt happens to be my favorite spice**
  • pepper
  • broccoli
  • butter
First bake the potatoes: clean them and poke holes and then make a small/shallow cut all the way around so that it's easier to cut them in half later, don't cut too deep as it will make the guts kind of.... hard. then either bake them in the oven or if you're impatient like me use the microwave.

while that's going on mix a little milk; roughly 1/3 c per 2 potatoes, two dollops of butter (hey, I didn't say this was a healthy meal :P ), finely chopped broccoli; about a stem per potato, 1/3c of cheese, pepper and other seasonings to taste.

when the potatoes are done baking carefully cut them in half and scoop the guts in with the cheese and broccoli mix and mash mash mash! once it's mixed scoop it back into the potato skins.

Place in the oven at 350 for about 15 min and enjoy!

and I really do mean enjoy, I loved them! plus they're totally affordable on a college budget, yay for starving student meals outside of top ramen!!!

Loves!
Kylie Ann

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wish PJ liked broccoli! I love Double Baked Potatoes. I will have to try super cook someday. :P