Feed Us!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Someday I will

I was frustrated this morning when I woke up to people yelling/screaming/cheering and police sirens going off. I thought that maybe my crazy neighbors were getting arrested finally for all the noise they cause but alas it was only the marathon. I decided to grab my camera and get some pictures since I wouldn't be able to sleep while this was going and ran... haha ok I didn't run I walked very slowly out to the street and got some shoots, none of them inspiring themselves but eh, I recorded the moment. I was watching them run a little more and I'll be honest I almost started crying, well, I actually did cry.
This was so inspiring to me, to see people running to run, running to prove they could, running for someone who no longer could or would never be able to. Even though it was a temporary thing not being able to run or do sone of ththose many simple things after my surgery felt awful. I would see people running in the park, biking, jumping, climbing, hiking.... I couldn't do any of it and I hated it! I felt so alone and outcasted all of the time. I wanted to jump and cheer when things went well in elections at school but I couldn't, I wanted to feel my heartbeat pounding and hear it in my ears but I didn't know when that would be, some of the littlest things really got to me.
I can run now and I'm getting back to where I used to be a little at a time and it feels great, I feel more alive. Someday I want to run for someone who can't, someday I will run for my grandmothers' battle with MS. Someday I want to run simply because I can! Someday I want to prove to myself that I can and someday I will.

Loves,
Kylie Ann

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are very good with words. It is a gift. I love you! Maybe I can run with yoy for Grandma too.