Feed Us!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

skirt skirt, I made a skirt :)

So I've been crafty lately and I promised I'd post the things I've done so here goes!

I've wanted a circle skirt for a long time now and I figured I could make one easy enough. Six cuts later, some pinning and sewing I had done it!







You can't tell from the picture ( I had to use my phone because my camera is dead ) but it's a very pretty plum color. So all layed out it looks really cute and fun but I made it out of Jersey knit material (so it would stretch over the growing belly and fit after the baby arrives) which is a great comfy matterial but it looked like a limp rag around my body and I was convinced that it was a lost cause.

I was pouting over the loss when I looked at my lap to find the skirt bunched a little to I pinned it and stood up; SO COOL! It hung really nicely so I proceeded to pinch and pin all the way around until I found the pattern I liked and then stiched all of the gathers in place.




I love the final result!



Loves!
Kylie Ann


1 comment:

Alishia said...

Love it! I want one!