Feed Us!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Soldering!

I'm officially addicted!

I saw these charms at the local fair and wanted to buy every single one I saw but they were kinda expensive and I couldn't validate it so instead I headed to google to learn how to make them on my own and talked my husband into letting me spend a little money which has been very worth it so far :)

I've made 7 charms (with plans to make tons more) and at the 'store bought' price that would have cost me anywhere from $35-$70 ..... I haven't even spent the base price tee hee! totally worth it!!!!! I'm still not as good at it as I want to be but I've come a LONG way from my first one which was gifted to my sister, sorry, I promise to replace that sad little one with a better one :)

these two are are .5 in x 1.5 in and the top one says LOVE one the back side. the tree one is just black on both sides; I didn't want any details besides the tree and just kept it really simple.

The 'JL' one measures 1 in x 1 in and has a hand drawn Dragonfly on the back for my aunt and her love of the bug. The 'Lizzy' one is 1 in x 1.5 in. and has patterned paper similar to that of the one above that Lizzy picked out of my stash. I do all the glass cutting, hand draw all the lettering, and solder the whole thing together. I make them out of a thin glass so they're not as heavy as some you normally find which are only comfortable as necklaces because they will smack you in the hand and kinda hurt as a bracelet.

I'm proud of myself for being able to do this and now to make my mother proud I'm going to devote the same amount of time to cleaning my house haha!

Loves!
Kylie Ann

1 comment:

Alishia said...

OOOOoo we should play! I love all that you are doing!