Feed Us!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

DIY!!!! I am now A successful D. I. Y. er! :D

So I have ton's of tees that just don't fit, but I have little connections to all of them and can't stand the thought of getting rid of them and letting someone buy it at DI, what if I saw someone wearing one of the shirts I painted.... awkward! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and do some re-sizing.

I started with this an over sized boxy shirt and one that fit me perfectly, pinned them together and traced the smaller shirt. I then pinned and cut the larger shirt to the new patterns and did the same for the sleeves. Once I attached the sleeves I moved on to the side seams and finished her up :) oh and I did all the sewing by hand. It took about 4 hours and I now know how to do it. I suspect that it'll only get better with each one and once I bring my sewing machine up to Salt Lake it'll only take me about 30 min at most to finish each one.

I have tons of things I want to make with all of my old shirts and a couple of revamp projects too :D I'll let you know how they go

Loves!
~Kylie Ann

2 comments:

Alishia said...

Nice work Ky! I am still confused with the D. I. Y. ??

Kylie Ann said...

D. I. Y. = Do It Yourself :D